Extracting problems.

Having problems with +Extract? Ask in here

Extracting problems.

Postby Marvin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi Neil! Can't seem to make it work :/

Drive from a SkyHD box with an adaptec SATA card in XP. Analyse detects Big endian and displays a list of recordings with descriptions.

A few thoughts, 4+G files do not seem to have the length reported correctly.

There are no manual records in the list, are these not being reported correctly yet?

Selected a file with a tick, set a destination of E:, and when I clicked extract the machine hard reset.

A second attempt following a reboot was unsuccessful, but did not reset the machine.

An attempt on a Sky PVR2 drive, 120G, via internal PATA, circa june 2005 vintage produced no program names or descriptions. Attempting to copy a file off produced the copy window, but with 1 bar in each progress and no furthur activity. When this windows was closed and a different file attempted it complained there was allready a transfer in progress. When the program was restarted it could nolonger detect any drives. Will restart and try again later.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Marvin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin

Postby Marvin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 pm

Ok, it seems to be part of the SATA setup that is being objected to, though the trial version of winhex reads the drive fine. Could it be a >137G issue?

Tried an early 40G drive and +Extract is working pretty well. 40G drive and the files are being read accuratly.

Still nothing over 4G and I'm not 100% convinced thats correct, I think you are only dealing with the lower 32bits of the filesize. JOPA is too early to scan and all files come out as *.str in the list except one, c2.str isnt, it just has a date and copies as a string of numbers.

It would be useful to force copies as the raw file name.

The bar that indicates progress of the current file seems to be broken, it jumps at certain points back to zero and has even run backwards. The progress bar for the whole lot of files seems to work fine.

Still, good stuff so long as I don't have a SATA drive plugged in!
Last edited by Marvin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin

Postby Marvin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:16 pm

Day 3.

This time its a 6.5G western digital drive. Nothing is plugged into SATA. +Extract starts fine, but the error "DeviceIOControl IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT failed (122)" apears in the log, I havn't noticed if this is normal.

Clicking on 'Analyse' then soft crashes. XP reports App and module to be +extract.exe version 0.0.2.6 and an offset of 0000EA6E.

This is as far as I can get with this drive.
Last edited by Marvin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin

Postby neildo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:57 pm

Hi Marvin,

I can't recreate this problem mainly as I don't have the same hardware....

Sorry I can't be of help on this occasion.

Neil.
neildo
Expert

Return to +Extract General Support