Extracting HD Programs

Having problems with +Extract? Ask in here

Extracting HD Programs

Postby prtkev » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Stuart and Neil

I see that there have been quite a few developments since I last used your very useful applications.
Well my HD box has developed a problem that will probably require a replacement so I'm gonna be opening it up to do some copying. A fairly large proportion of the recordings are from BBC HD and Channel 4 HD and so I was considering archiving them using +Extract and copying the rest with Copy+ for reinstating on the new box.My questions are:
1) Are BBC HD and Channel 4 HD FTA channels
2) If they are FTA do you know if I could use the converter in +Extract to produce a playable MPEG 4 file

Thanks in advance
prtkev

Re: Extracting HD Programs

Postby neildo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 pm

prtkev wrote:Hi Stuart and Neil

I see that there have been quite a few developments since I last used your very useful applications.
Well my HD box has developed a problem that will probably require a replacement so I'm gonna be opening it up to do some copying. A fairly large proportion of the recordings are from BBC HD and Channel 4 HD and so I was considering archiving them using +Extract and copying the rest with Copy+ for reinstating on the new box.My questions are:
1) Are BBC HD and Channel 4 HD FTA channels
2) If they are FTA do you know if I could use the converter in +Extract to produce a playable MPEG 4 file

Thanks in advance

BBC HD is FTA.

The converter isn't HD aware so use TsRemux on Doom9 for conversion.
neildo
Expert

Postby prtkev » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Many thanks for the rapid response. Guess that means that our friends at Sky have some sort of exclusive deal with Channel 4 for HD content.
prtkev

Postby neildo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 pm

prtkev wrote:Many thanks for the rapid response. Guess that means that our friends at Sky have some sort of exclusive deal with Channel 4 for HD content.

Sorry I can't comment on the other HD channels as I've only tried recording BBC HD... :lol: They may be FTA, don't know for sure :roll:
neildo
Expert

Postby prtkev » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:35 pm

neildo wrote:
prtkev wrote:Many thanks for the rapid response. Guess that means that our friends at Sky have some sort of exclusive deal with Channel 4 for HD content.

Sorry I can't comment on the other HD channels as I've only tried recording BBC HD... :lol: They may be FTA, don't know for sure :roll:

I'll give it a go and post my results
prtkev

Return to +Extract General Support