Sky contract cancled

Anything not covered by any other section of the forum.

Sky contract cancled

Postby Silvertop » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:48 pm

My daughter has cancled her Sky contract, which means she can watch free to air channels but the Hard Drive doesnt work anymore.
The question is, is the box now useless or can the record facilities be turned on to enable her to watch the pre recorded programs and record free to air programs.

Don
Silvertop

Re: Sky contract cancled

Postby pcbbc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:32 pm

The only option is to pay Sky £10 pcm for the record only function. This would NOT allow access to the pre-recorded content however, only free to air channels (i.e. what she receives now she has cancelled).
You can use +Extract to recover the FTA recordings from the box without paying Sky a penny. However you need to remove the hard drive from the box and it is only for the FTA channels.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby steve10574 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 am

My Girlfriend has canceled her full sky package but i have just signed up for the full package in my name can your software be used to copy over all series links and the already recorded shows?
steve10574

Postby pcbbc » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 am

steve10574 wrote:My Girlfriend has canceled her full sky package but i have just signed up for the full package in my name can your software be used to copy over all series links and the already recorded shows?
Series links maybe, but only free to air recordings would be playable.
Recordings are tied to the card they were originally made with if encrypted.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else