Old Pace PVR1 problem, nothing to do with HD or Darwin

Any other questions about the software?

Old Pace PVR1 problem, nothing to do with HD or Darwin

Postby Nothing » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

Sorry for the title, don’t mean anything by it.
I notice PCBBC hasn’t posted for a while but I thought I'd try anyway.

Since the EPG update 5.07.u in 2009 I’ve not been able to record 2 programs at once without glitches as I upgraded the hard drive but I had a spare Pace PVR1 box which still had the old 4.20.a software on it.
I thought it might time to give it a try again hoping that after 3 years it might not automatically update but stay on the old EPG.
I had 5 days of being able to record 2 programs at once with the upgraded drive until it did indeed update itself to 5.08.6 and screwed up the hard drive contents in the process.
I used Copy+ to try to recover the contents and everything looked like it worked, Copy+ saw the recorded programs and restored them back to the drive but when I put it back in the box all that shows in the planner is one planned weekly manual recording entry I had set a while ago, no previous recordings or other reminders.
The free space on the drive is showing at 29% so it sees that the recordings are there but nothing in the planner.

I’ve tried only coping individual recordings from the image, both old ones and newer ones and have deleted all but the minimum required planner files but still just get that same single entry in the planner.
I can see loads of program information when I use Notepad to view the database files, including programs that were deleted ages ago.
I’ve successfully used +Extract and ProjectX to copy the unencrypted programs to watch via my PC but there are a couple of encrypted entire series I’d like to be able to watch if possible.

I’m guessing that the planner files got corrupted during the update and I’ve read that Copy+ does not fix the planner files, just copies them therefore just copies the corrupt planner.
My question is; is there a way of recovering the planner database or re-populating it with the recordings?

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,
Gary

Manufacturer - Pace
Model Number - 6.1.09
Version Number - 9F2023 (PVR1)
Operating System Version - 1.31B10
EPG Software Version - 5.08.6 (4.20.a before update)
Copy+ versions used – 1.2.0.8, 1.2.0.3 and 1.1.0.9

Upgraded hard drive 320GB Western Digital WD3200AVJS CE
Nothing

Return to Copy+ General Support