Copying files to a new 2Tb Sky box

Any other questions about the software?

Copying files to a new 2Tb Sky box

Postby scott » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 am

I am getting a new 2Tb Sky box this week so I will be retiring my oldest Sky HD box.

I want to transfer the programmes from this to my new 2Tb box - is this possible with the Copy +?

I wouldn't need to format any drives - just get the files onto the PC then back onto the drive in the new 2Tb Sky box.

Has anyone seen a drive removal guide for the new 2Tb Sky boxes?

Cheers
Scott
scott

Re: Copying files to a new 2Tb Sky box

Postby bones3876 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 pm

I've got the same to do this week myself...having looked for this myself in google the answer is there (sry can't seem to post links gggrrr)
bones3876

Postby scott » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 am

You need to use ExPVR to do it - it works but takes time.

I am almost 12 hours in and still copying the data back to the new drive.

Drive removal from the 2Tb box is fairly simple - just a complete strip down like the new Amstrads.
scott

Postby deedub » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi, I first used Copy + a couple of years ago to upgrade to a 1TB disk in a Thomson box. All went well. I have just tried moving the planner from the 1TB disk to my new 2TB Hitachi disk in the latest Box. Unfortunately it looks as though upgrading the software at the same time as moving the planner eliminates any recordings. After the software download I can't copy the planner because the disk is not unpartitioned, and after making a successful copy of the 1TB disk, the new software seems to blitz the disk, and remove the recordings. And I don't think I can load the new software on the old Thomson box before transferring the planner. Sort of Catch 22. Am I missing a trick somewhere?
deedub

Postby deedub » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Have just discovered something surprising, rebuilt the old Thomson box, and it accepts my card and allows me to watch any programs, and everything in the planner. Thought that now the card was 'paired' with the new box, there would be issues trying to re 'pair' with the old one, but so far, it works! Not sure if there is a limited time before it fails, bur so far so good. Just have to split the dual sat feeds to avoid having to manually swap them, which is a pain in the fingers....
deedub

Postby pcbbc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm

What you can and can't do with an un-paired card is detailed here.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support