Best drive for Amstrad DRX280

Which replacement drives can you use and which do people recommend?

Best drive for Amstrad DRX280

Postby railfrog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is the best upgrade drive for the Amstrad DRX280 Sky+ box.
I have been reading a few threads on this forum but cannot come to any conclusion.
The original seagate drives that were used in the sky+ box are discontinued, and some members have had a problem with the western digital drives.
Has anyone had a complete 100% success with a certain make/size of drive and if so which one?

Thanks
railfrog

Re: Best drive for Amstrad DRX280

Postby railfrog » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 am

bump
railfrog

Postby pcbbc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 am

Unfortunately there's not really a lot of traffic here that you are likely to get a response.
Might be better off searching and/or asking at a more frequently visited forum, such as digitalspy?
Hope you find a drive you can use, although it's becoming very had to find PATA drives these days.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby railfrog » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am

pcbbc wrote:Unfortunately there's not really a lot of traffic here that you are likely to get a response.
Might be better off searching and/or asking at a more frequently visited forum, such as digitalspy?
Hope you find a drive you can use, although it's becoming very had to find PATA drives these days.

Thanks for the reply.
You are right, i have looked for a decent PATA drive and they are few and far between.
Will try digitalspy.
railfrog

Return to HDD Compatibility & Reviews