A mac version .... please?

What would you like to see in future releases? No promises, mind you!

A mac version .... please?

Postby ddneidin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

A version of copy+ for the Mac would be amazing.

Having said that, I did manage to recover my Sky+ recordings using my Mac Book Air, thanks to Copy+.

It involved installing Bootcamp, partitioning my drive, installing windows, attempting to back up my sky disk five times until identified and eliminated each of the five corrupted programs.

This was made trickier as Bootcamp has a bug which prevents the right mouse being used in Windows and that's the only way to omit files in Copy+. I got around this by installing Logitech's free remote keypad software for the iPhone. Installing the software on the windows partition and using my iPhone to remotely right-click and omit each file.

Once the corrupted files were identified, I was able to omit them, perform the full back up and copy back. I then deleted the windows partition to get my mac back to its original setting and, of course, my Sky box working with most of my original recordings.

It took about 2 weeks but it's sorted now.

So thank-you very much for a cool piece of software, albeit windows-only.

But back to my two requests:

1) A mac version would be great

2) IMHO it's very poor design to only be able to toggle the include/omit using right mouse - regardless of platform. It couldn't be less intuitive. A column with checks that can be on/off would be far easier and visually far more intuitive.

Thanks for the software. It saved my bacon. I made a small donation to your paypal account which you richly deserve.
ddneidin

Re: A mac version .... please?

Postby pcbbc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks for your comments, and glad you found Copy+ useful if a little tricky to use.

ddneidin wrote:1) A mac version would be great
If only I owned a Mac, knew how to develop on it and Mac OS didn't "destroy" XTVFS volumes with an instant check disk as soon as it sees one.

2) IMHO it's very poor design to only be able to toggle the include/omit using right mouse - regardless of platform. It couldn't be less intuitive. A column with checks that can be on/off would be far easier and visually far more intuitive.
And if only I'd developed Copy+ in .NET (and not VC++6) then that kind of thing would be easy.
In my defence I'd say that the majority of users do not use this feature, and having checks I'm not quite sure how you'd select, unselect or invert a large block of recordings without requiring multiple clicks on each?

Thanks for the software. It saved my bacon. I made a small donation to your paypal account which you richly deserve.
Cheers for that!
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ Feature Requests