Recommended HDD for Pace V1? (!!!!!)

Which replacement drives can you use and which do people recommend?

Recommended HDD for Pace V1? (!!!!!)

Postby rfctabs » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Hello,

I have a Pace V1 Sky+ box that I upgraded in November '08 with a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500Gb drive (ST3500630A).

The drive is playing up a bit and I'm in the process of trying to recover it by making a backup through Copy+, then restoring it from the copy (it worked last time this happened in November).

If the worst happens and the drive dies, what's the current recommendation for a replacement in the Pace V1? I've looked and the Seagate is no longer available, it seems. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks,

Peter

PS Thanks for the Copy+ software. Truly great and soooo useful.

Edit: Just checked the warranty and looks like the drive is covered until June 2013. So hooray for me. I'd still like to know if there's an alternative, however, so I can upgrade my OTHER V1 box that I keep as a spare... :shock:
rfctabs

Re: Recommended HDD for Pace V1? (!!!!!)

Postby pcbbc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 am

I'm sorry - I'm note sure what drives people are using in V1 boxes at the moment. I doubt there are many left (good though they were!) in use and so consequently not many upgrades being performed.
Certainly PATA drives are getting very hard to find, and so this will severely limit your choice of new drives.
You could of course try a SATA to PATA converter board - but only if you like to experiment!
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to HDD Compatibility & Reviews