Copy 1.5TB drive to 1.5TB SKY+ HD Darwin

Tips on changing them - what's the easiest way, how to make your fans quiet, etc?

Copy 1.5TB drive to 1.5TB SKY+ HD Darwin

Postby Oakmark » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi

Hope someone here can help me.

It would appear that I have a fault with my DRX895-C box and the Sky man wants to repace it. But the wife doesn't want to lose the films etc etc.

I purchased another 1TB drive only to find that it has 1.5TB installed, went to copy with Copy+ but that has issues copying this Darwin thing.

All I want to do is clone the drive so that I can put it back in the box, assuming that they replace it like for like.

Questions:

1 Can this be done no matter how hard.
2 If so can it be put on a smaller HDD, software allows this in normal PC talk providing the info fits.
3 Or if the box is mine (not Sky's property) which it is, can i remoce the HDD and replace with an old 500GB and put the 1.5TB HDD in the replacement unit, anyone done this.

Any help or advise you all can give would be great, dont think I can stand her nipping away at me every time she cant watch 'that' film.

Many thanks in advance.

Mark
Oakmark

Re: Copy 1.5TB drive to 1.5TB SKY+ HD Darwin

Postby shrekanddonkey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:25 am

Hi,

Best way forward would be to buy the same 1.5tb drive, swap with your old one as your current unit is being swaped it does not matter if it boots up or not. The sky guy will come & swap, when he has gone just put back the old 1.5TB drive with your recordings on.
You will of course be left with a spare 1.5TB drive !

Regards.
shrekanddonkey

Re: Copy 1.5TB drive to 1.5TB SKY+ HD Darwin

Postby gyrestena » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 am

What is the current trend in sputum AFB,is it x2 or x3,in the diagnosis of tuberculosis? In confirming the diagnosis of tuberculosis,doctors used to ask for sputum AFB x3,but nowadays some are asking for x2,what is the reason why this is done?

Return to General HDD replacement discussion